Jeremy’s practice includes counseling individuals and families in all aspects of estate and business succession planning, including assisting with any long-term health care, elder law, Medicaid, or special needs issues that may arise before or during planning. Jeremy’s special needs and guardianship practice frequently includes assisting in the preparation of special needs trusts to preserve government benefits for disabled individuals and, if necessary, the counseling of families through the process of obtaining guardianship for their loved ones with disabilities, mental illness, or reduced cognitive abilities.
Jeremy is a frequent lecturer and contributor at different community events on various estate planning, elder law, estate and trust administration, and special needs planning topics.
- Lifespan of Greater Rochester, Inc., November 2021, May 2021 and November 2020, Information & Inspiration Workshop, Medicaid Myths
- Lifespan of Greater Rochester, Inc., May 2020 and November 2019, Information & Inspiration Workshop, Medicaid Eligibility and Long-Term Care Planning
- Allens Creek Valley Town Homes Association, November 2019, Simplifying Retirement – Introductions to Estate Planning and Elder Law
- Lifespan of Greater Rochester, Inc., April 2019, Planning for Clients with Diminished Capacity – Powers of Attorney, Advanced Healthcare Directives & Guardianships
- Broome County Bar Association, March 2018, Elder Law CLE Program, NY 529 and 529 ABLE Accounts
- Broome County Bar Association, June 2014, CLE Program, Updates and Changes to Not-for-Profit Formation and Governance; New York Nonprofit Revitalization Act of 2013 (“The Act”)